If you work with moulded or die cast parts you’ll be familiar with thin shell parts that have tapering thickness due to draft angles. Capturing this effect in your finite element mesh can be tricky and lead to approximations that might not be comfortable or conservative. MSC Apex has an auto-assignment feature that will accurately capture and represent the non-uniform shell thickness with remarkably little effort.
This video shows you how it works >>
MSC Apex is the world's first computational parts based CAE system that serves as the platform for a broad range of physics and applications that MSC Software will introduce over time.
MSC Apex transforms the way engineers perform simulation by reducing critical CAE modelling and process time from days to hours. The platform delivers innovative technology that enables predictive product development in the earlier stages of design where it is critical in saving time and money. MSC Apex is available with MSC One software simulation portfolio subscription.
MSC One: flexible, expanded product software solution - token based licensing system.
- Annual subscription, cost-effective investment in product development
- Access to suite of multidisciplinary engineering software tools including MSC Apex, MSC Nastran, Patran, Adams, Marc, SimManager, MaterialCenter, and more.
- Full range of analysis capability: linear and non-linear static and dynamics analysis; multibody dynamics.
- Interfaces with most popular CAD systems with rapid geometry clean-up capability.
- Ability to analyse connected physics and disciplines delivers better prediction of part and system behaviour.