In an ideal world every piece of software has a button that does exactly what you want, but in the real world you will find yourself completing repetitive tasks either within a single model or each time to create a model.
Repetitive tasks waste the time of engineers and can lead to errors through lack of attention. MSC Apex has adopted the Python scripting language with its own extensions in order to make automation of tasks a fairly straightforward thing.
This short video shows the simplest example – creating materials - as well as a more complex task – automatically creating fixings between plates in an assembly.
Built-from-the-ground up fully integrated and generative simulation environment
Unified CAE Environment for Virtual Product Development, Apex transforms the way engineers perform simulation by reducing critical CAE modeling and process time from days to hours.
The platform delivers innovative technology that enables predictive product development in earlier stages of design where it is critical in saving time and money.
MSC Software's Simulation Portfolio
MSC One: flexible, expanded product software solution - token based licensing system.
- Annual subscription, cost-effective investment in product development
- Access to suite of multidisciplinary engineering software tools including MSC Apex, MSC Nastran, Patran, Adams, Marc, SimManager, MaterialCenter, and more.
- Full range of analysis capability: linear and non-linear static and dynamics analysis; multibody dynamics.
- Interfaces with most popular CAD systems with rapid geometry clean-up capability.
- Ability to analyse connected physics and disciplines delivers better prediction of part and system behaviour.