It is a very common feeling when the acronym “PLM” is mentioned that one would think of a large enterprise or business. I wouldn’t argue but, this acronym or infrastructure is not only for large companies. The acronym underlines a process in which currently all companies irrelevant of size or annual revenue undertake in either a manual or semi-manual process.
PLM – Product Lifecycle Management
⇒ Is there a product that is developed, designed to manufacture, installed,and maintained that does not have a managed lifecycle?
Desktop Engineering has recently achieved the highest possible certification level for Dassault Systemes.
As part of our ongoing accreditation process both sales and support members of our company have completed a total of more than 32 certification exams. These exams tested their knowledge of the brands ENOVIA and CATIA together with the 3DEXPERIENCE Industry Solutions derived for processes in the relevant industry. These include “Engineered to Fly” for aerospace, or “Bid to Win” for automotive.
Do you know what’s new in SOLIDWORKS 2021?For those of you who did not know, SOLIDWORKS develop the software based on your feedback and requirements.
Every year the new version of SOLIDWORKS has enhancements and new features that are developed with your requirements in mind.
Here are the top SOLIDWORKS enhancements in the 2021 version:
PLM (Product Lifestyle Management) can be a scary term. Costly, complicated and ‘only for large companies’ are some of the general concerns people will often raise. 3DEXPERIENCE on the cloud is a real game changer with regards to most misconceptions around PLM.
Independent of what industry you are in, there are common points which we all focus on:
- 'Go to market' strategy
- Time and resource to innovate
- How to get our product to market faster, more efficiently at a reduced cost?
- How to adapt our processes and business model to market changes?
- What area, department or process do we need to improve?
- How are our competitors doing and why do we lose business to them?
- What value do we offer our customers?
- What is the real customer experience?
- How can we unify sales with engineering and marketing through to production?
- Do your marketing or salespeople know what other departments do?
1. WHY is the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform the future?The 3DEXPERIENCE platform from Dassault Systemes provides software solutions for every organization in your company - from marketing to sales to engineering – that help you, in your value creation process, to create differentiating consumer experiences.
With a single, easy-to-use interface, it powers INDUSTRY SOLUTION EXPERIENCES, based on 3D design, analysis, simulation and intelligence software in a collaborative interactive environment.
Dassault Systemes announces JLR Supplier Offers
Jaguar Land Rover i-PLM 2.0 - The Engineering Toolset
Jaguar Land Rover’s heritage comprises some of the world’s most iconic vehicles, including Jaguar Mark II, E-Type, and the Land Rover Defender.
Jaguar Land Rover (JLR) emerged within Tata Motors as an exciting, dynamic global enterprise after having passed through the corporate hands of Ford Motors. Due to JLR's varied ownership history, a complex mixture of automotive industry software was inherited from its previous owners, and this was not scaled or supportive of JLR’s aggressive business plan.
The perception in many countries across the world about restrictions on business outside of the COVID-19 had always been a concern for me.
Why should a SME focus only on local markets?
Throughout my experience both in Northern and Southern Europe I have identified the same trend.
Change – It happens, and it must happen in order for things to (hopefully) get better.
Issues – we all know that they exist, but are we ever truly aware of how bad they are? how many of them there are? who is fixing them, and when they have been fixed?