Do you know what’s new in SOLIDWORKS 2021?For those of you who did not know, SOLIDWORKS develop the software based on your feedback and requirements.
Every year the new version of SOLIDWORKS has enhancements and new features that are developed with your requirements in mind.
Here are the top SOLIDWORKS enhancements in the 2021 version:
PLM (Product Lifestyle Management) can be a scary term. Costly, complicated and ‘only for large companies’ are some of the general concerns people will often raise. 3DEXPERIENCE on the cloud is a real game changer with regards to most misconceptions around PLM.
Independent of what industry you are in, there are common points which we all focus on:
- 'Go to market' strategy
- Time and resource to innovate
- How to get our product to market faster, more efficiently at a reduced cost?
- How to adapt our processes and business model to market changes?
- What area, department or process do we need to improve?
- How are our competitors doing and why do we lose business to them?
- What value do we offer our customers?
- What is the real customer experience?
- How can we unify sales with engineering and marketing through to production?
- Do your marketing or salespeople know what other departments do?
1. WHY is the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform the future?The 3DEXPERIENCE platform from Dassault Systemes provides software solutions for every organization in your company - from marketing to sales to engineering – that help you, in your value creation process, to create differentiating consumer experiences.
With a single, easy-to-use interface, it powers INDUSTRY SOLUTION EXPERIENCES, based on 3D design, analysis, simulation and intelligence software in a collaborative interactive environment.
Dassault Systemes announces JLR Supplier Offers
Jaguar Land Rover i-PLM 2.0 - The Engineering Toolset
Jaguar Land Rover’s heritage comprises some of the world’s most iconic vehicles, including Jaguar Mark II, E-Type, and the Land Rover Defender.
Jaguar Land Rover (JLR) emerged within Tata Motors as an exciting, dynamic global enterprise after having passed through the corporate hands of Ford Motors. Due to JLR's varied ownership history, a complex mixture of automotive industry software was inherited from its previous owners, and this was not scaled or supportive of JLR’s aggressive business plan.
The perception in many countries across the world about restrictions on business outside of the COVID-19 had always been a concern for me.
Why should a SME focus only on local markets?
Throughout my experience both in Northern and Southern Europe I have identified the same trend.
Change – It happens, and it must happen in order for things to (hopefully) get better.
Issues – we all know that they exist, but are we ever truly aware of how bad they are? how many of them there are? who is fixing them, and when they have been fixed?
Or do we?
When speaking to customers about 3DEXPERIENCE, I often include a discussion about project management. Quite often customers - especially smaller ones with fewer staff – will say we are too small to justify project management: “We don’t do Project Management”.
In my experience this is rarely the case, but perhaps it would be best to first define what I mean by Project Management.
If you think I am about to start talking about Prince 2 or Six Sigma, then I am sorry (not sorry) to disappoint you.
I am referring to something much more basic.
Software training with certified instructors
Desktop Engineering has launched a new service to support our customers in the current COVID-19 Lockdown period. Using the web portal GoToTraining we are now able to deliver live CATIA and 3DEXPERIENCE training direct to customers working remotely - at home or office.