Do you know what’s new in SOLIDWORKS 2021?For those of you who did not know, SOLIDWORKS develop the software based on your feedback and requirements.
Every year the new version of SOLIDWORKS has enhancements and new features that are developed with your requirements in mind.
Here are the top SOLIDWORKS enhancements in the 2021 version:
'A Vision for the Future'
#BeyondBIM2020 AEC symposium moved from a one day event in London to a digital platform for 2020 with live webinar presentations from speakers scheduled over a couple of weeks.
Leading members of the Architecture, Engineering, Construction community presented case studies and discussions on the future vision of building, highlighting examples and projects where BIM is used and evolved into aiding the fabrication and construction process.
A common use of Computational Fluid Dynamic (CFD) is in the design of fans and pumps. This short video demonstration shows how simple it is to set up a centrifugal fan model in scFLOW.
In this example we are looking to predict the flowrate throughput for a given fan speed, which is easily done by following steps in the wizard driven interface.
PLM (Product Lifestyle Management) can be a scary term. Costly, complicated and ‘only for large companies’ are some of the general concerns people will often raise. 3DEXPERIENCE on the cloud is a real game changer with regards to most misconceptions around PLM.
Next generation CFD tool
scFLOW from MSC Software is a state-of the art Computational Fluid Dynamic (CFD) package which uses a polyhedral mesh to solve some very complex problems with short run-times that have surprised long term users of other CFD packages.
Independent of what industry you are in, there are common points which we all focus on:
- 'Go to market' strategy
- Time and resource to innovate
- How to get our product to market faster, more efficiently at a reduced cost?
- How to adapt our processes and business model to market changes?
- What area, department or process do we need to improve?
- How are our competitors doing and why do we lose business to them?
- What value do we offer our customers?
- What is the real customer experience?
- How can we unify sales with engineering and marketing through to production?
- Do your marketing or salespeople know what other departments do?
1. WHY is the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform the future?The 3DEXPERIENCE platform from Dassault Systemes provides software solutions for every organization in your company - from marketing to sales to engineering – that help you, in your value creation process, to create differentiating consumer experiences.
With a single, easy-to-use interface, it powers INDUSTRY SOLUTION EXPERIENCES, based on 3D design, analysis, simulation and intelligence software in a collaborative interactive environment.
Developing the ideal process parameters for 3D printing a part can be expensive: in both time and raw materials.
Developing the ideal process parameters for 3D printing a part can be expensive: in both time and raw materials. Simufact Additive, from MSC Software and available withing the MSC One flexible licensing solution, allows users to quickly evaluate the effects of part orientation, material selection, machine parameters and post-build operations to reduce the number of test runs required in metal to achieve a minimised distortion and residual stress condition.
Digimat advanced materials modelling environment
Available within the flexible MSC One licensing environment, Digimat provides many tools for enhancing the fidelity of the material models used by engineers for finite element analysis and reduces the need for lengthy and expensive coupon testing.
This short video gives a demonstration of how easily Digimat MF and FE can be used to define 3D orthotropic material models using simple isotropic models for the constituent materials of epoxy/fibre laminates.